Natural Handmade Soap

The Marula Tree Soap Co. makes natural handmade soap from glycerin bases with additives such as Goat's Milk, Shea Butter, Honey and Marula Oil. Marula Oil is a unique oil pressed from the kernels of the Marula Trees in southern Africa. To learn more about the benefits of Marula Oil click here. All my products are vegan friendly except those with Goat's Milk and Honey. Thanks!

You can purchase my soaps from my etsy store here!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And so it begins..

About 2 weeks ago, an idea was formed that I would start making soap. Back in the summer a friend of mine told me about etsy and I happened to look at it just before Christmas. On the front page they have a little "featured seller" article where they interiew random sellers and talk about their product, their lives and how the two intertwine. The featured seller that day happened to be a soaper named sunbasilgarden. Her soaps and her story really inspired me to try it myself, so if this soap thing ends up working out for me one day, I'll have to thank her. I'm now a few hundred in the hole and I've made my soap studio in my boyfriend's kitchen (or my "meth lab" as he calls it) but I'm slowly accumulating a respectable amount of supplies.

For me the hardest part of all this was picking a name. I know the one I've chosen is very long, but it feels like a good name. For those who don't know, the Marula Tree is native to Africa and a fruit grows on it called a Marula fruit. This said fruit is eaten by tons of different animals (from monkeys to elephants!) and is also responsible for the liquer called "Amarula" found at your local liquor store. I like that it incorporates nature and my love for Africa all in one go. So yes it's long, but I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment