Natural Handmade Soap

The Marula Tree Soap Co. makes natural handmade soap from glycerin bases with additives such as Goat's Milk, Shea Butter, Honey and Marula Oil. Marula Oil is a unique oil pressed from the kernels of the Marula Trees in southern Africa. To learn more about the benefits of Marula Oil click here. All my products are vegan friendly except those with Goat's Milk and Honey. Thanks!

You can purchase my soaps from my etsy store here!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hoarding



I am a hoarder. Not the extreme kind where you can't tell floors from walls when you walk into my place, but I do hoard things. I'm also really good at chucking, so I throw out any useless (or sometimes useful, woops!) items lying around that can't be organized, so this creates a nice balance. Right now I'm hoarding fragrance oils, silicone molds and art supplies. I've always been interested in art but haven't actively practiced since taking classes in highschool. I'm very much prone to the "self-taught" process compared to taking technique classes so for the longest time I've been wanting to teach myself how to paint, with acrylics specifically. Last christmas I got the greatest gift of acrylic paints, paint brushes, canvases and an easel. I'm embarassed to say that soap took over everything and I have yet to break into it. My intentions are good though, as I now own about 18 paint brushes and every colour of paint you can imagine (This is also stupid, what if I suck at painting? Do I really need 18 paint brushes in every size/shape available?) I've also been scouring used book stores for books on art, drawing, painting, how-to and step by steps. As I'm typing this I'm realizing how ridiculous this is. Even more so that I spent my Saturday morning sharpening every pencil, water colour crayon and pencil crayon I could find (so over a hundred). BUT the great thing is that I've had ideas kicking around forever, and last night amidst So You Think You Can Dance and soap making, I opened my sketchbook and drew something. Aha!

Hopefully I will be sharing some wonderful masterpieces with you in the near future! (If I don't drown in art supplies first.)

Is there something on your mind that you've been wanting to try but feel that you never have time? Here's the solution - Just Start!

No comments:

Post a Comment