Natural Handmade Soap

The Marula Tree Soap Co. makes natural handmade soap from glycerin bases with additives such as Goat's Milk, Shea Butter, Honey and Marula Oil. Marula Oil is a unique oil pressed from the kernels of the Marula Trees in southern Africa. To learn more about the benefits of Marula Oil click here. All my products are vegan friendly except those with Goat's Milk and Honey. Thanks!

You can purchase my soaps from my etsy store here!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sugar, sugar

I just wanted to quickly comment on my quest to cut down on my sugar intake. So far it's been 3 weeks of being conscious of everything I put in my mouth. Some things are extremely tough, which I've learned is no reason to get down on myself, as I can't be expected to give up the small pleasures in life like a nice cup of coffee with sugar. I can however give up cookies, cake, muffins, donuts, ice cream and anything else that's blatantly full of sugar. The only thing I need is a little square of 70% dark chocolate and the craving is satisfied at a small price. I feel really good about it and can already notice a difference in how I react to sweet things. I did a test last week and ate a Tim Horton's cookie (we're going to call it a test instead of a weak moment) and I immediately felt dizzy and tired. It was totally not worth it and it helped put things in perspective.

SO what have I been eating to replace these snacks? Well I have my green smoothies, pistachios, hard-boiled eggs, raw red bell peppers, cheese, guacamole, whole wheat tortilla chips, hummus and wheat crackers. It's actually surprising how easy it is to get the ball rolling once you begin and start seeing the difference. I've lost a few pounds in the process but I'm not too concerned about that because generally the faster they fall off, the faster they come back... so they can take their sweet time!


Maybe in the future when I feel ready I'll take the plunge of being completely sugar free, but for now I'm going to celebrate the small victories of saying "no" to *most* of the sugary treats that get put in front of me.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment