Natural Handmade Soap

The Marula Tree Soap Co. makes natural handmade soap from glycerin bases with additives such as Goat's Milk, Shea Butter, Honey and Marula Oil. Marula Oil is a unique oil pressed from the kernels of the Marula Trees in southern Africa. To learn more about the benefits of Marula Oil click here. All my products are vegan friendly except those with Goat's Milk and Honey. Thanks!

You can purchase my soaps from my etsy store here!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year

Wow! I cannot believe it is 2013 already, where does the time go? This whole year has been a blur of hard work and great memories. I had the honour of attending 2 destination weddings, one in the Dominican Republic and the other in Mexico, I spent the summer running off for weekend getaways in the Cariboo, Whistler, Vernon, Kelowna and Cultas and I started my new business Liuwa in March. I moved to a great little apartment, quit a frustrating second job, and started doing yoga which left me feeling better than I've ever felt. 2012 was a great year, and I only have higher hopes for 2013. This is the year we plan to go back to Africa, which is all I've been thinking about lately. We plan to go in the fall, and by that time it will have been 3 1/2 years since our last trip there! That's unbelievable! (And equally as unacceptable, that is way too long of a gap!)
 
Anyway, moving on to my year in numbers! This was 2011:
 
Total bars of soap sold: 1047
Total bath bombs sold: 380
Total lip balms sold: 144
Total solid perfumes sold: 24
Total body butters sold: 13
 
And this is 2012!:
 
Total bars of soap sold: 721
Total bath bombs sold: 1110
Total lip balms sold: 164
Total solid perfumes sold: 58
Total body butters sold: 44 
Total roll on perfumes sold: 64
 
 In 2011 I had 75 sales on Etsy, and in 2012 I had 122. I'm totally happy with these numbers as I felt I was less dedicated to The Marula Tree Soap Co. this year, because I was so busy with Liuwa. Let's take a look at those numbers.
 
In the 9 months that Liuwa was operational in 2012 I sold 463 pairs of earrings, and had 150 sales on Etsy. I plan on expanding Liuwa in a serious way over the next few months, introducing a line of much higher end and original pieces, but that's top secret for now :)
 
As for The Marula Tree Soap Co., I'm going to be making some major changes to my product line over the next month, eliminating some and yes, raising some prices. After going over my year end totals, my overhead is way too much, and I need to create a strategic business plan to help bring down these numbers. More on that in the near future!
 
I hope everyone had a fabulous 2012, and has an even better 2013! I hope you've set goals for yourself and will spend the next 12 months striving to achieve them! What are mine? I'm keeping it simple this year; ... Health, Wealth and Adventure!
 
Cheers!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment