Natural Handmade Soap

The Marula Tree Soap Co. makes natural handmade soap from glycerin bases with additives such as Goat's Milk, Shea Butter, Honey and Marula Oil. Marula Oil is a unique oil pressed from the kernels of the Marula Trees in southern Africa. To learn more about the benefits of Marula Oil click here. All my products are vegan friendly except those with Goat's Milk and Honey. Thanks!

You can purchase my soaps from my etsy store here!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Admitting When I'm Wrong

So I am definitely okay with admitting when I'm wrong. A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to be different with my picture styles and re-take all my product photos. I took them with different props from every season and then planned to switch it over every three months. As it turns out that was a crap idea and clutters up my whole shop, while making the background colour balancing a pain to manage. For some, it makes sense - Pumpkin Cheesecake Soap sitting next to a pumpkin, okay. Pink Grapefruit Soap sitting next to a pumpkin? Just weird. With that said I'm scrapping the whole thing and going back to regular plain photos.

Before:


After:


I still have SO much work to do because in my prop annoyance I was snapping pictures all over the place and rushing through the editing. The colour balance is off and there are shadows galore! This is a perfect example of when taking no shortcuts actually saves you a lot of time in the long run. So my photography days have only just begun and it will be another while yet before the shop is looking up to my standards.

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment